Saturday, November 15, 2008

Memories and the City: Yesterday's News

So I already did a post just talking about Dan's piece in the show, but I had mentioned here that I wanted to maybe talk about some other stuff in it and I never really went into detail at all about my pieces. So...


This is a detail shot of a section of the piece I was calling
In Light of Current Events, but I think I'd rather call it Yesterday's News. Pithy titles aside, I just want to post some pictures of the pieces. In the floor part (the detail above) I used a variation of a technique I talked about earlier here, only instead of using paint to extract the images I poured plaster into a mold which I lined with newspaper. When the plaster dried, the newspaper stuck to it and after I demolded each piece I peeled off the paper and was left with images - so these are sort of like a transfer fresco. Anyways, the wall pieces are on cardboard, each section, comprised of 8"x8" squares is about 32"x64." The floor section is of roughly the same dimensions.



3 comments:

meaty meat rakob said...

looks amazing!

eli. said...

like your use blaroijefkld;ascmklgfognmisfl/ksdfa nwefkcsdkvc/vsjdvk
sdnkvlksdnv/l,z ndvklnmszdk,.kv kldanfgasv.k .lasdknmvmm nszd/lknmfaeisnf la/sdknf lk asdkn.ffasdjk.n.

eli. said...

i mean... rad.