Monday, April 7, 2008

angle dangle

New thing from Saturday. 5x7. Started out much flatter than it ended up. I actually started this painting because of a pattern I saw on screen when I was watching the new Roots music video, and happened to randomly pause it. I didn't really like what I ended up with, so I started adding shapes until I did.

Every now and then I'll probably be posting music bits and pieces that I find for anyone who happens by here to check out, maybe even mixes and that sort of thing. We'll see how inspired I get. For now:
Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson - Buriedfed (jacked from Metallungies). When I first heard this track I got kind of annoyed, it reminded me a bit of some 90s Pavement-esque lazy singing/over-dubbed off kilter vocals type "indie" shite. The more I listened to it, however, I warmed up to it. You can see the influence of TV on the Radio on this guy for sure, so its no surprise Kyp Malone is involved. The slow build-up is great.

Ok, since mentioning the Roots, I gotta link to this video that I found on youtube the other day - I think its circa 1994, of Blackthought and ?uestlove freestyling in an alley with graffiti going on in the background. Ill.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

matty, i'm digging your art. can't wait to see it when i make my way to da burgh. (unfortunately, not for the International opening due to stupid stupid grad. school papers).