Tuesday, September 21, 2010

draw

That OJO video is sweet!

Since I posted those big loose drawings, I thought I'd post a small version of where they originated, because it is really the exact opposite. I was doing this kinda crazy thing, projecting old silk screen transparencies of images which were bitmapped (so they had a dot pattern) and then tracing them. I did several small ones, then did a bigger one, which was the same size as those looser ink drawings below. The big one took a week. This is one of the smaller ones that prefigured the larger drawing, which took a couple days.



This is pencil on newsprint, and is about 18x24. (of interest to the family, ie the largest audience for this blog, the pencil I used is one I got from Grandma Miriam when I was at UCL and it apparently used to be our Grandfather's. No real significance to that in terms of the subject of the drawing, it just had the right kind of lead, but its a nifty thing.)

1 comment:

CornNut said...

beaaauutfulllllllll
i really like this.