Saturday, January 16, 2010

bits and pieces



So my winter break has seen me back in Pittsburgh, and thus the posts have slowed down a bit. I do have one picture I took of my studio wall before I left, which I sorta like, so that is what's up above.

Some other things:

On Monday the 18th at 9pm (EASTERN TIME!! Thats 6pm for you Cali folks, and 8pm for you lovelies in the midwest, just in case you have math trouble.) my band Alpaca Beretta is playing live on CMU radio WRCT 88.3, a show called Advanced Calculus, a weekly showcase of local bands - in Pittsburgh you can listen on the ye olde timey radio, or for all you friends out of the city, you can listen to the show streaming on the internetz at wrct.org. We'll be playing old timey and original music with lots of harmonies, and potentially some newer (and more unorthodox) covers depending on how much copywrited material we're allowed to play.

In other radio news, my brothers band Cello Fury are playing live on WYEP radio, the local independent public radio station for their Third Thursdays series on the 21st. I'd strongly recommend tuning in - it is exciting stuff. WYEP.org. For anyone I didn't tell about this, they recently played at halftime of the Steelers vs. Ravens game on December 27th and it was pretty freakin nuts.


nuts!

No comments: